Saturday, October 16, 2010

A day off the grid...

So, we didn't get very far west today, because Mom spent way too much time in the badlands...  Because it is a National Park, I had very restricted places that I could spend out of the car.  That was OK, though, because I didn't really want to visit the badlands.  I asked Mom to take me to the goodlands, but she must not have heard me.  Anyway, when we drove past these little rodents that jump out of holes in the ground, I had plenty of energy and tried to jump out the window.  Mom thanked someone again that I had my seatbelt on...




To help with my cabin fever, we had a picnic lunch with a nice long walk.  I got to chase grasshoppers (not as good as the rodents would have been, but ok).  Then, we went to see a bunch of rock carvings, after which Mom thought she'd take an alternate route back to the highway - way off the grid (as if the badlands weren't enough).  We did see a beautiful sunset in Wyoming, and since we hadn't found anywhere to camp yet (and it was 38 degrees already), Mom took me to another hotel.   Since she doesn't have fur pants like me, it would have been cold without a campfire...

1 comment: